Monday 9 December 2013

6C - Award Title

I have been debating my award title with myself over the past few weeks, also taking into account the thoughts and opinions of my colleagues and members of my SIG.  I have been trying to decide on choosing either; Drama, Dance or Performing Arts, as I have expertise and professional experience in all of these areas.  As I currently teach Drama, my initial thought was to create my own award title - Drama.  Whilst considering this title, I thought back to when I started my degree, at which time I was teaching Dance.  This encouraged me to consider Dance as an award title as it's an area of my practice that I will always put first and is my main practice as a practitioner in the arts.  After a while I decided that both of these award titles were very specific and would narrow my career progression when looking forward.  After this realisation I decided to consider an option that was more open and one that encouraged a varied development throughout my career.  I also decided to take my prior experience into account, something that I had to do right at the very start of my degree.  Due to the variation of my prior experience, I have decided to title my award BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Performing Arts).  I think that this option will allow my career to progress in a way that is not confined as it would be with the previous two titles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment